l4_nchief -- deliver the thread id of the nearest partner of the invoker
static inline int
l4_nchief(l4_threadid_t dest ,
The l4_nchief() system call delivers the id of the nearest partner
which would be engaged when sending a message to the specified destination.
- Thread id of the destination.
- Pointer to thread id of the nearest partner,
depending on return value.
4 Return Values
The following values determine the contents of the thread id,
next_chief is pointing to:
- The destination resides in the same clan, its id is returned.
- The destination resides in an inner clan, whose chief is in the same
clan as the caller. The call returns the id of this chief.
- The destination is outside of the invoker's clan. It's own chief's id
5 See Also