Usermode Fiasco, X.2 spec

Udo A. Steinberg us15 at os.inf.tu-dresden.de
Thu Aug 22 22:40:30 CEST 2002

On 22 Aug 2002 20:56:43 +0200
Andreas Rottmann <a.rottmann at gmx.at> wrote:

> August has come, and I once again ask for the status of the Fiasco
> usermode port, as I am eager to try it.

You can check out a working version from our public cvs tree. See
http://os.inf.tu-dresden.de/drops/download.html

You'll need the modules "l4" and "oskit" and the Fiasco-UX versions of
the kernel, sigma0 and rmgr. They can be checked out from the "fiasco_ux"
branch of the l4 module.

> Furthermore, I'd like to know if there is/will be any effort to
> implement the X.2 (upcoming version 4) L4 API building on the Fiasco
> codebase (that would be quite interesting, since the HURD L4 port will
> use the X.2/4 API).

The usefulness of X.2 for Fiasco is presently being investigated.

-Udo.

P.S.: If you have trouble accessing the CVS server it is likely due to the
      problems arising from the flooding that's been happening here last week.