One more problem

Alexey Mandrookin alman at mgateinc.com
Fri Sep 13 11:22:11 CEST 2002

Jork,

> > New problem appeared.
> > It seems to be a make looking for subdirectories and did not found
theirs.
> Kind of. Our make system allows to build for different architectures,
> taking account different versions of CPUs too, e.g., difference between
> 586/x86 and 686/x86. If you dont specify anything, the default
> architecture to build for is 586/x86. The examples in watchdog can only be
> built for 686/x86 and K7/x86. Hence, normally nothing is build in this
> directory unless you specify the other architectures to build (which is
> done by placing a BUILD_SYSTEMS=x86_686 in $(L4DIR)/Makeconf.local).

I am sorry, but it did not help me. The Makeconf.local is:
DROPS_STDDIR=/usr/src/Fiasco
BUILD_SYSTEMS=x86_686

Anyway, I comment the watchdog target in Makefile and after that everything
was successfully built.
Of course, it was negligible problem.
By the way one more negligible problem was met:

$cd $(L4DIR)
$make clean

make[3]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/Fiasco/l4/kernel/fiasco/man'
make: Entering an unknown directory
make: *** doc: No such file or directory.  Stop.
make: Leaving an unknown directory
make[2]: *** [clean] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/Fiasco/l4/kernel/fiasco'
make[1]: *** [clean] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/Fiasco/l4/kernel'
make: *** [clean] Error 2

I am really sorry for disturb.

> However, the error you encountered did not show up here. I assume it to be
> a shell problem, originating from an empty word list in the for loop.
> Which shell are you using?

/usr/src/Fiasco$ sh --version
GNU bash, version 2.05.0(1)-release (i686-pc-linux-gnu)

Best regards,
Alexei