Tuning L4Linux on Fiasco

Jacob Gorm Hansen jg at ioi.dk
Tue Sep 24 23:53:47 CEST 2002

hi,

the original l4linux papers mention performance about 4% lower than
native linux. When running l4linux on top of Fiasco, performance seems
to be more like 50% of what we get with native 2.2. For example,
encoding a .wav-file to ogg-vorbis takes 2 minutes native, and almost 4
minutes with l4linux. LMBench also gives way-different figures.

Is there anything we can do to tune Fiasco for better performance? Are
other people experiencing the same speed differences as we are?

Best regards,
Jacob