Some question about l4, l4ka
frankm at lug-owl.de
Tue Jan 20 20:59:08 CET 2004
i want to evaluate l4.
The first problem i have is to chose the 'right' l4 version.
* There is a Dresden version "l4 v2"
There is a Karlsruhe version "l4 x.2"
* L4Linux is available from Dresden als 2.2.x
L4Linux is available from Karlsruhe als 2.4.x
Both seems to run on both l4 ipc protocolversion.
* At Dresden they have basic parts of os specific components, called
DROPS. Also a implementation of an windowmanager (DOpE).
At Karlsruhe i don't see any additional os specific components at all.
* The L4Ka seems to be the base for ports to other hardwareplatforms, like
PowerPC, MIPS etc developed at UNSW.
My problem is, to understand the difference/commons in
- priority of development of this parts on Dresden and Karlsruhe.
- collaboration between Dresden, Karlsruhe and UNSW.
If a newbie like want to start, which is the 'right' l4 version and why
is it the 'right' version.
[x] Nail here for new monitor.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 189 bytes
Desc: Digital signature
More information about the l4-hackers