Build DROPS on debian testing

Frank Matthieß frankm at lug-owl.de
Wed Jan 21 14:22:20 CET 2004

Jork Loeser [2004-01-21 13:21 CET]:
> Frank,
> On Tue, 20 Jan 2004, Frank Matthieß wrote:
>
> > The new 'make' run failed, because gcc 3.x isn't suitable for linux 2.2
> > kernel. So i change linux22/Makefile and linux22/arch/l4/Makefile to
> > gcc-2.95. The hard way ;-)
>
> This is dangerous if you want to build Linux-stubs. gcc-2.95 and gcc-3.x
> use different calling conventions, resulting in broken Stub/L4Linux
> combinations.

Ok. So i would like to get l4linux 2.4 from cvs.l4linux.org
via "cvs -z3 -d:pserver:guest at cvs.l4linux.org:/public-cvs co l4linux-2.4"
and use this, because this is more uptodate andcan compile with gcc-3.

> > But now the doxygen fail. See make output:
> > http://lug-owl.de/~frankm/other_os/drops/make.drops.work.log.gz
>
> I fixed this. It should appear in our remote cvs soon (actually, when our
> tree can be build as a whole without errors), I hope tomorrow morning.
;-)
> Nevertheless I included the patch (to be applied in $(L4DIR)/pkg/log/doc).

<diff>

This diff rejects, but i fix this manually.

Thanks Jork.

Frank.

PS: I'm on the list. Cc-ing is not necessary.
--
Frank Matthieß

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless,
 whether the mad destruction is brought under the name of totalitarianism or the
 holy name of liberty and democracy?  - Gandhi -