task creation in l4ka

Jan Doerrenbaecher j.doerrenbaecher at gmx.net
Thu Jan 29 18:17:20 CET 2004

Hi List!
I have a some trouble with the task creation in l4ka.  What I want/should do,
is creating a task within the root task without using the rmgr.
That means, I have to copy the text area of the new task in some memory region
and I also have to allocate some memory for the stack. After this, I want to
create the new task with the `l4_new_task` call. The problem now is, that I
only have pointers dependent on the local address space of root task which I
can give as input. Since the newly created task has its own address space
these pointers are not useful. Anyhow, if I use them, the new task is created
and running but while executing its code a page fault occurs, founded in the
fact, that the new task is trying to get a page allocated by the root task.

Am I barking up the wrong tree? Are there any simple solutions for that?

Hoping for helpful hints....

Best regards, Jan