The build error on l4linux and fiasco!

Daniel Yu Daniel_Yu at Jabil.com
Wed Jun 30 09:19:14 CEST 2004

Hello All:
	I am a newbie for using u-kernel: fiasco and l4linux. However, I
meet some problems when building them.

	For building l4linux:
	Under redhat 9.0, kernel version is linux-2.4.20-8 and gcc version
is 3.2.2.
	After typing the command: "make config". the error is as following:

	/bin/sh scripts/Configure arch/l4/config.in
	: command not foundline 51:
	' script/Configure: line 72: syntax error near unexpected token `{
	' script/Configure: line 72: ' function mainmenu_option () {
	make: *** [config] Error 2

	Under the same environment, it is successful to build linux-2.4.20
kernel. So what's wrong?

	For Fiasco building, I get the other error information:(Using
fiasco-1.1)

	Malformed UTF-8 character (unexpected continuation byte 0xb5, with
no preceding start byte) in substitution (s///) at
/fiasco-1.1/tool/preprocess/src/preprocess line 672, <> line 2058.

	When compiling process went  this place, it dies and I must use
CTRL-C to stop it.

	Can you give me some suggestions? Thank yu all very much!