The error "tempfile: command not found" on compliing fiasco.

Adam Lackorzynski adam at
Sun Jul 4 10:22:13 CEST 2004

On Sat Jul 03, 2004 at 23:24:13 -0400, Daniel Yu wrote:
> 	I meet the troubles when "make config" the fiasco. After the graphic
> configure setting, the make process is stopped by error:

I guess you mean "make config" in the l4 directory, and not under

> 	echo INT_CPP_x86_NAME= 'cat $X.out' >> ./;\
> 	rm -f $X $X.{c,out}
> 	/bin/bash:	line1: tempfile: command not found.
> 	I have browsed the source code of Makefile, there is one sentence:
> X='tempfile -s .c' .  But there is not a command named tempfile in bash or
> /bin, /sbin. Then what's wrong about the error?

We used "tempfile" some months ago in l4/Makfile, but purged it because
it is (unfortunately) not available in all broadly used Linux
distributions. Please update your sources (CVS) and the problem should
be gone.

Adam                 adam at