FLIPS and l4linux

Leon ljbrits at fastmail.fm
Tue Sep 7 07:22:36 CEST 2004

Hi all,

I've got a running system and some small programs running on Fiasco with
DoPE and l4linux-2.4.
I want to investigate FLIPS to use as an extension to one of the programs
(network capable).

The difference between compiling L4 and all its packages now is that I
must set the parameter LINUX24_DIR to point to a directory with vanilla
kernel code (I used 2.4.27) instead of previously when the parameter
pointed to the L4LINUX directory (l4linux-2.4). The last one is currently
my working setup.

Q1: Was I doing it wrong the whole time and was just lucky to get it
working?

Anyway the newly compiled FLIPS system starts to load as usual but as soon
as l4linux is loaded is stops with a cursor blinking below the penguin
with NO text (console) output. Here is the debug output:

Warning: unable to open an initial console.
simple_t| ERROR: task #13 doesn't match: client 11.03, owner 0.00
l4lx    | l4ts_create_task(): failed (server=A.00, ret=-3, exc 0)

The system is still operational and I can start my programs from the
"doperun" terminal.

Q2:  Any suggestions on why my l4linux does not want to load anymore?

Thanks
Leon