Double Page Fault problem

Leon ljbrits at fastmail.fm
Thu Sep 9 17:07:40 CEST 2004

Frank,

>> .....Double PF error. This has happened to dm_phys_test, thread_test,
>
> Very strange. We've fixed an L4env bug today which could be related to
> your
> problem. Please wait until tomorrow until the remote-CVS is in sync and
> try again. At least I can not reproduce your bug with dm_phys_test with
> our current CVS.

New CVS checkout today (090904) but the "Double Page Fault"-problem
persists!!

Correct me if I'm wrong but to be a "Double" Page Fault, it must be a Page
Fault within the Pager causing this error. Since I am loading a program it
must be the "Backing Pager" that fails which is still part of the Loader
program.

Q1: Any suggestions/help to solve this problem!
Q2: I do not know the debugger tools at all, so any pointers (or links) on
how to start use them to track this problem down would be appreciated.

Thanks
Leon