C++ and dietlibc

Frank Mehnert fm3 at os.inf.tu-dresden.de
Wed Sep 22 13:58:20 CEST 2004

On Wednesday 22 September 2004 12:57, Leon wrote:
> I've tried to compile the app against libstdc++ and dietlibc but they do
> not seem compatible.

Unfortunately, the libstdc++ library is linked against the Oskit10 and
IMHO it would need a huge amount of work to get it link against the
dietlibc. This is one point at our TODO list but there are others ...

> The C++ app successfully compiles when using l4env_freebsd, but as soon as
> I include the Linux24/include directory to get the socket headers then
> there is a lot of clashes (duplicate defines) with the Oskit. This is
> obviously the reason for dietlibc in FLIPS, but the problem then is that
> dietlibc is not C++ compatible.

Do you _really_ need exceptions and rtti? If not, try to compile your
program with -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions and don't link your binary against
libstdc++.

Frank
--
## Dept. of Computer Science, Dresden University of Technology, Germany ##
## http://os.inf.tu-dresden.de/~fm3                                     ##