Problem booting L4Linux 2.4 + L4Env (Part 3)

Tiago Jorge tjpj at lasige.di.fc.ul.pt
Thu Oct 21 17:14:14 CEST 2004

ok... i think this is my last email today for this to work...  :)
I can now boot L4Linux with the drops RAMdisk and everything goes all
right in VMware and in real hardware.
But now i have a few more questions:

1. I'm trying to boot the Fedora Core 1 that i have in my disk with
L4Linux kernel but i haven't found a way yet. Like we say here in
portugal, i've been trying to "hammer" a solution, but didn't worked
out. my grub.conf looks like this:

title Fiasco + L4Linux
       root (hd0,0)
       kernel /fiasco/rmgr -sigma0 task modname "vmlinuz" module
       modaddr 0x02000000
       module /fiasco/main -nokdb -nowait -serial_esc -comspeed 115200
-comport 1
       module /fiasco/sigma0
       module /fiasco/vmlinuz no-scroll no-hlt l4irqack=linux
root=/dev/hda5
       module /fiasco/2.2.27.img <===== i'm doing this beacause i can't
use initrd

is this the right way to do it? Im i missing something? he says that
can't find a init and even when sometimes he loads the img, it crashes
while loading it from disk. /dev/hda5 is my / partition.

2. Is it mandatory in L4Env boot to have the tftp server? can't i boot
it from disk?

Ok... i'm beeing very annoying for today, but i'll write a tutorial in
the end :)))

Thaks in advance

Tiago