Problem booting L4Linux 2.4 + L4Env (Part 3)

Tiago Jorge tjpj at lasige.di.fc.ul.pt
Thu Oct 21 23:29:10 CEST 2004

Hello again...

On Thu Oct 21, 2004 at 16:14:14 +0100, Tiago Jorge wrote:
>>/ 1. I'm trying to boot the Fedora Core 1 that i have in my disk with
/>>/ L4Linux kernel but i haven't found a way yet. Like we say here in
/>>/ portugal, i've been trying to "hammer" a solution, but didn't worked
/>>/ out. my grub.conf looks like this:
/>>/
/>>/ title Fiasco + L4Linux
/>>/       root (hd0,0)
/>>/       kernel /fiasco/rmgr -sigma0 task modname "vmlinuz" module
/>>/       modaddr 0x02000000
/>>/       module /fiasco/main -nokdb -nowait -serial_esc -comspeed 115200 -comport 1
/>>/       module /fiasco/sigma0
/>>/       module /fiasco/vmlinuz no-scroll no-hlt l4irqack=linux root=/dev/hda5
/>>/       module /fiasco/2.2.27.img <===== i'm doing this beacause i can't
/>>/ use initrd
/
>If you don't want to use an initrd, remove the "module" statement from
>the RMGR line. (For further issues please include the error messages as
>well, it's easier for us to figures out what's going on.)

ok. i didn't explain myself right. I must pass to the kernel an init, but i can't use the initrd command from GRUB,
but i found out that initrd can be passed to the kernel as an argument.

>/> is this the right way to do it? Im i missing something? he says that
/>/> can't find a init and even when sometimes he loads the img, it crashes
/>/> while loading it from disk. /dev/hda5 is my / partition.
/
>What's the 2.2.27.img file? The file name doesn't sound likes it's a rd.

this file is a initrd file to the L4Linux kernel. What i'm trying to do is boot the Fedora that i have in the disk using the new kernel.
But i think i have overcome the L4 problems. Now is just plain Linux Kernel problems (i think)...

but tks for the help anyway.

cheers

Tiago

 <http://os.inf.tu-dresden.de/%7Eadam/>