Problems with compiling DROPS packages

Rene Wittmann Wittmaennle at
Wed Feb 16 20:20:39 CET 2005

> So, now if you do "gcc -c exc_img.i" it works and produces an exc_img.o
> file, or does it fail?

Unfortunatelly it fails. But to be honest, I don't understand as the file it
fails in seems to be OK...
I put the output file also to the site:

> Your exc_img.i file compiles fine for me.
> > When I execute 'make config' not as root, the
> > contains the lines:
> >
> > GCCLIB_EH_x86=/usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-linux-gnu/3.2/libgcc_eh.a
> > GCCLIB_x86=/usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-linux-gnu/3.2/libgcc.a
> Those values are generated by
> gcc -print-libgcc-file-name
> and
> gcc -print-file-name=libgcc_eh.a
> So it looks like you use different compiler versions depending on the
> user? Still have some old gcc version in /usr/local or similar?

Yes, you're right, there are some things mixed up for the normal user, but
for root the configuration should be fine. I'll have to fix this.

Lassen Sie Ihren Gedanken freien Lauf... z.B. per FreeSMS
GMX bietet bis zu 100 FreeSMS/Monat: