Linking a L4 library with a L4Linux app?

Adam Lackorzynski adam at os.inf.tu-dresden.de
Tue Feb 22 13:55:32 CET 2005

On Tue Feb 22, 2005 at 10:21:23 +0200, Leon Brits wrote:
> I've been using a common library linked between three tasks in L4.
> I need to link this library with an application in L4Linux too also
> share info like the three L4 tasks has been doing.
>
> I've tried almost every variation off the Makefile I could think off,
> but the compiler always complain about stuff regarding library L4RM and
> L4DM_[MEM/PHYS] which I must include. The library also uses Semaphore-
> and Threads libraries.
>
> Any suggestions/reference/examples as to what to do to change a complex
> L4 library to be linked into a Linux application would be appreciated.

Did you have a look at one of the examples, e.g.
l4/pkg/loader/examples/dump-l4? There are some dummy implementations.

Does your program actually really use the thread and semaphore
functionality? If you do, you should know very well what this is all
doing. L4Linux programs are Linux programs that can use some amount of
L4 services, not the other way around.

Adam                 adam at os.inf.tu-dresden.de