Problem: Running L4Linux under Fiasco-UX

Frank Mehnert fm3 at
Wed Feb 23 13:53:19 CET 2005

On Wednesday 23 February 2005 12:24, Stefan Kalkowski wrote:
> i try to test L4Linux using Fiasco-UX. I'm using the script lx in
> l4/tool/runux and everything runs fine except when the kerneltask gets
> started. I get an unhanled trap with trapnumber 13. I don't know what that
> number means.
> [...]
> when i diassembe the adress i get the following:
> --Interception--------------------------------------ESP:200007a0
> EIP:000444aa (0.00) jdb: u task=10 addr=65b31d
> /daten/fiasco/l4/include/x86/l4/sys/utcb.h:97
> 0065b31d        mov    %gs:0x0,%eax

In the Fiasco-UX config, enable

  "Prompt for experimental features"

  "Kernel Options" / "ABI Extensions" / "Exception IPC"
                                        "Inter-task ex-regs syscall"
                                        "Handle and preserve segments"

## Dept. of Computer Science, Dresden University of Technology, Germany ##