Linking a L4 library with a L4Linux app?

Adam Lackorzynski adam at os.inf.tu-dresden.de
Wed Feb 23 14:20:22 CET 2005

On Wed Feb 23, 2005 at 08:04:50 +0200, Leon Brits wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-02-22 at 16:34 +0100, Adam Lackorzynski wrote:
> > Doing ipc-wait is no problem. It's just e.g. when creating threads one
> > should make sure that Linux won't be using this thread for Linux
> > threads.
> I do not understand your example - can you please elaborate.

I just wanted to make clear, that a hybrid program is doing stuff
that the Linux server knows nothing about. So e.g. if you start mapping
pages in the Linux address spaces from somewhere else, Linux may just
overmap them. On the other side if you exactly know what Linux is doing
with its programs and how it's handling their address space you can of
course do your own thing. But that's fragile.

> I am currently looking at "pkg/con/example/linux_stub_lib", it builds a
> Linux library which I assume I can link into a Linux app but it calls

As Christian already said, that's a kernel module (or library to link to
L4Linux).

> the function "l4lx_thread_create()" for which I do not seem to find any
> docs. Can you please point me in the right direction to find the info.

l4lx_thread_create() is a L4Linux internal function to create an L4
thread inside the L4Linux server. This is no user accessible interface.
Anyway, all those functions are doxygen documented in their header
files.

Adam                 adam at os.inf.tu-dresden.de