Problem loading a module added to drops-rd

Frank Mehnert fm3 at os.inf.tu-dresden.de
Thu Mar 10 15:00:59 CET 2005

On Thursday 10 March 2005 14:09, Leon Brits wrote:
> I added a kernel module to the drops-rd ramdisk, but when I 'insmod' it
> I get the error: Floating point exception.
>
> I did enable kernel loadable modules without versions in the L4Linux
> kernel config. (Using l4linux-2.4.28)
>
> Any ideas why - and how to resolve this?

Which compiler did you use to compile the module? Which options?
Try -march=i686 -mpcu=<your CPU>. Don't use -march=pentium3 or
-march=pentium4 since code compiled with this options may contain
floating point or SSE instructions.

Frank
--
## Dept. of Computer Science, Dresden University of Technology, Germany ##
## http://os.inf.tu-dresden.de/~fm3                                     ##