C++ templates

Tiago Jorge tjpj at lasige.di.fc.ul.pt
Tue Mar 15 13:34:22 CET 2005

Frank Mehnert wrote:

>On Tuesday 15 March 2005 12:33, Tiago Jorge wrote:
>>Could somebody tell me if to use C++ custoum templates i must use the
>As far as I know C++ templates do not need any support from the
>stdlibc++. Just make sure that you compile your C++ code with
>-fno-rtti and -fno-exceptions.
>l4-hackers mailing list
>l4-hackers at os.inf.tu-dresden.de
thank you again for your prompt answer...
I already compile with those flags. My problem is the following:

because i'm using the dielibc i can't use STL, because it launches
exceptions. So, i've made my own templates of vector and map without
exceptions and i'm trying to use them. the error is the following:

FailureDetector.o(.eh_frame+0x11): In function `map<int,
/home/tiago/l4/pkg/failuredetector/server/src/WOO_map.h: undefined
reference to `__gxx_personality_v0'
main.o(.eh_frame+0x11): In function `main':
/home/tiago/l4/pkg/failuredetector/server/src/WOO_vector.h:20: undefined
reference to `__gxx_personality_v0'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

by the way, line 20 is the constructor and it doesn't throws exceptions.
So here i am stuck at this point :(

thanks again

Tiago Jorge