l4v2: l4linux2.6 Syscall logging via IPC in l4

Martin Pohlack mp26 at os.inf.tu-dresden.de
Thu Jul 7 21:35:19 CEST 2005

Andrew Davenport wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to log linux syscalls from l4linux2.6 on top of l4v2.  What is the
> simplest way to log this at the IPC level (i have enabled exception IPC) and log
> all the parameters?

There are several approaches you might want to check out:

 - Use IPC tracing in the kernel debugger,
 - Use rt_mon or its successor GRTMon to instrument l4linux code.  There
   is a Diplomathesis about GRTMon "A Generalized Approach to Runtime
   Monitoring for Real-Time Systems" available from here:
   http://os/project/finished/finished.xml.de

I'm not sure whether grtmon is already in our remote CVS, but I don't
see a reason why it could not be ...

Regards,
Martin