[Fwd: Re: Inspect L4Linux Memory]

Ronald Aigner ra3 at os.inf.tu-dresden.de
Wed Sep 14 09:08:39 CEST 2005

Julian,

Julian Grizzard wrote on 09/13/2005 08:51 PM this:
<snip>

> Also, I have a question about the examples under
> l4/pkg/dm_phys/examples.  Take list_ds.  There is a call to
> "if_l4dm_generic_list_call".  Where is this call defined?  It's not
> clearly locatable in the API?  Is this an IDL thing?  I'm not too
> familiar with IDL.
It indeed is generated from IDL. The function name is generated from the
IDL library (module) name(s), the interface name, the method name, and a
suffix to distinguish different functions generated for the same IDL
method. 'if_l4dm' is the library name; 'generic' the interface name;
'list' the method name; and 'call' suggests it is a client side call
function stub to call the server.

HTH, Ron.
--
Mit freundlichen Gruessen / with regards
ra3 @ inf.tu-dresden.de