Module arguments

Frank Mehnert fm3 at
Sun Oct 16 22:24:34 CEST 2005

Hi Marcel,

On Friday 14 October 2005 14:16, Marcel Selhorst wrote:
> > So what do you want to achive? If you want to pass the password to
> > hddencrypter you should start hddencrypter using the loader, e.g.
> ok, we use the loader now to load the modules, but we have another problem
> now...
> >   (nd)/loader --fprov=BMODFS "hddencrypter --with-password-dialog"
> If we pass an argument to our module, which includes spaces, e.g.
>     (nd)/loader --fprov=BMODFS  "hddencrypter --password='xx  x'"
>                                  ^param1      ^param2         ^param3
> your loader doesn't recognize the quotation marks as an argument boundary.
> Therefore the loader will recognize three different parameters, although
> (param2+param3) belong together. Could you please include an escape
> sequence or assign priority to single quotation marks, so that it is
> possible to pass arguments incl. spaces to a module?

Parsing the command line arguments is done by parse_args() in

This function recognizes quotations as first character of an command line
argument. Please could you try if

  (nd)/loader --fprov=BMODFS "hddencrypter '--password=xx x'"
                              ^param0       ^param1

works for you?

## Dept. of Computer Science, Dresden University of Technology, Germany ##