Is it a problem to use l4env_freebsd - mode?

Christian Helmuth ch12 at
Wed Nov 30 18:04:54 CET 2005

On Wed, Nov 30, 2005 at 01:26:16PM +0100, Frank Mehnert wrote:
> However, it would make much sense to port the log_net interface to the
> new ore server (l4/pkg/ore). Björn, could you give an estimation about
> the effort to port log_net to ore?

AFAIK the critical part of log_net is the TCP/IP implementation. I would
skip the alternative Flips for its complexity. IMO a better solution is to
use a small and simple network protocol implementation like

It comprises roughly 2000 LOC and is easy to understand and port.

What do you think?
Christian Helmuth

TU Dresden, Dept. of CS
Operating Systems Group