SPEC CPU 2000 Benchmarks

Julian Grizzard grizzard at ece.gatech.edu
Sun Jan 29 15:40:05 CET 2006

Hi Gernot,

Right, so it makes sense that the benchmarks should be close.  The
surprising results to me are that in some cases, the SPEC programs even
performed better under L4Linux than Linux.

I'm just looking for some comparison to other people to make sure that
my experiments are close to others.  Also, there is some mention of
testing operating system performance in the SPEC documents, although the
benchmark does not seem to be focused on that.  Does anyone have any
suggestions for the best way to compare Linux to L4Linux then?

Thanks!

Julian