problems with drops <math.h> and '-lm' linkage

Martin Pohlack mp26 at
Mon Jan 30 11:04:22 CET 2006

Hi Vladimir,

> Does anyone have any solution for this problem?
> I thought about searching another math library, which does not use
> standard C math functions and trying to compile it as a library in a
> drops package by including '' in the appropiate Makefile. I am not
> really shure, if this would really solve my problem, or just keep me
> fighting with other incompatibility problems. Is there no other
> possibility to use mathematical functions in any drops application, or
> perhaps another linkage concept or configuration?

I see two ways for you to proceed:

1) Try another mode, e.g. a dietlibc mode.  I built the dietlibc such,
that a libm is already included.

2) Write a *minimal* example which triggers the problem in the freebsd
mode, maybe someone can tell more from this.  FYI, the freebsd mode is
unmaintained now.