I have new problem!

Udo A. Steinberg us15 at os.inf.tu-dresden.de
Tue Apr 4 11:48:42 CEST 2006

On Tue, 04 Apr 2006 16:20:35 +0800 "" <chenggh04 at st.lzu.edu.cn> wrote:

>     Now I am ready for experiencing the fiasco-ux. I compile the package but
> runs badly. The error information is as follows:
>     Fiasco-UX on Linux 2.4.31 (i686)
>     Mapped 64 MB Memory + 0 KB Framebuffer + 0 MB Input Area on FD 3

>     Failed to open file: roottask
>
>     But according to the instructions of Fiasco-ux website the information
> should be like this:
>     Fiasco-UX on Linux 2.4.31 (i686)
>      Mapped 64 MB Memory + 0 KB Framebuffer + 0 MB Input Area on FD 3

The information on the website is a bit outdated. I'll fix it.

The older rmgr-ux has recently been replaced by the newer roottask. Therefore,
newer versions of Fiasco-UX try to auto-load the roottask. If you don't want
to use the roottask, you can fall back to the old rmgr-ux using the command
line switch -R with Fiasco-UX, e.g.: fiasco-ux -R rmgr-ux

		- Udo