vbemode option in l4dope?

Norman Feske nf2 at inf.tu-dresden.de
Mon Nov 27 18:49:08 CET 2006

> This is the last message (on serial), while the Qemu screen is black
> and empty (it does change its size, so I guess vbeset works, and the
> failure is in L4/Fiasco somewhere)
> Welcome to Fiasco(ia32)!
> DD-L4(v2)/x86 microkernel (C) 1998-2006 TU Dresden
> Rev: Thu Nov 23 10:27:00 2006 compiled with gcc 3.4.4 for Intel
> Pentium Pro
> Performance-critical config option(s) detected:

That is a very untypical last message and tells me quite
nothing about your problem. However, I have compiled an ISO
image for you, which features current binaries, uses GRUB's
vbeset, and works with QEMU. You can get it here:

You should try out this image using the following command
line options to see all debug messages:

   qemu -m 64 -serial stdio -cdrom vbeset-image.iso

If this works, compare your menu.lst file against the one on
the ISO image. You could also try to successively replace the
binaries on the ISO image with your binaries or vice versa.

Good luck!