failed to booting l4linux from serial console

Adam Lackorzynski adam at
Sat Dec 23 11:29:07 CET 2006

On Sat Dec 23, 2006 at 16:26:30 +0800, halo duan wrote:
>     as my graphic card of my pc can not support l4dope, I boot l4linux
>     from serial console, my grub configuration looks like following

You can do that. You can also just enable VGA, PS2 (keyboard, mouse) and
just use that without dope or con.

> title l4linux
>         root (hd0,0)
>         kernel /l4/bootstrap
>         modaddr 0x02000000
> #       module /l4/fiasco -serial_esc comspeed 115200 -comport 0

 The option is
   -comspeed 115200

 Your version does not have any effect but does not harm because 115200
 is the default. Port 0 is also the default.
> modpath "(hd0,0)/l4"
> task "vmlinuz26 earlyprintk=yes mem=64M console=ttyS0,115200 root=/dev/hda2"
> all_sects_writable
> allow_cli
> the l4linux build config , I check on the
> # CONFIG_L4_BLK_DRV is not set
> # CONFIG_L4_PDSPBLK_DRV is not set
> # CONFIG_L4_OSHKOSH_DRV is not set
> # CONFIG_L4_ORE_DRV is not set
> # CONFIG_L4_NEED_DSI is not set
> # CONFIG_L4_NEED_INET_NTOA is not set
> # CONFIG_L4_DROPSCON is not set

console=ttyS0 isn't going to work here as the L4-serial drivers is
called ttyLv0, so you need to write console=ttyLv0
Also, the 115200 doesn't make any sense with ttyLv0 as there's no
baud-rate involved.

Adam                 adam at