About download GRUB

Adam Lackorzynski adam at os.inf.tu-dresden.de
Tue Jul 24 00:04:02 CEST 2007

On Tue Jul 24, 2007 at 02:44:14 +0800, kashin Lin wrote:
> according to this website "
> http://os.inf.tu-dresden.de/drops/download.html",
> the GRUB to boot l4linux/fiasco is not the normal version.
> but it can't be downloaded from SVN now.

Yep, true, unfortunately, I forgot to put it into the public svn. Should
be there in the next days under trunk/grub.

> how can i get that?

The patch against grub-0.97 sources is at
http://os.inf.tu-dresden.de/~adam/grub/0.97/

http://os.inf.tu-dresden.de/~adam/grub/0.97/grub-0.97-os.3.README
explains the build steps (especially for a PXE setup, so you might skip
those for a usual disk setup). Despite the .3 in the name please use the
latest patch version (.5 currently).

Also, our bootstrap supports a -modaddr switch now which does the same
as the modaddr grub command. So you might want to use this with your
standard grub.

Adam                 adam at os.inf.tu-dresden.de