The ultimate HOW-TO

ComputerScienceStudent skitmax81 at
Mon Aug 27 16:57:41 CEST 2007

Adam Lackorzynski wrote:
>> The result is that I can't be more exahustive in the explaination so I
>> answer: How to have a log file to read the outputs?
> Either via serial or use e.g. qemu where you get the serial port in your
> terminal. Maybe that's a way to get things set up.

The question is that in my notebook there isn't the serial port (and an
adapter USB-serial port costs 100€ and probably this is the only time that I
use the serial port..) and I prefer not to use this method, also because
I've to install Linux in an other PC that I've to found..
You said that the other way is to use QEMU; when I'll have installed it, how
can I retreive all the work? I've read that it works only with the image of
an OS and I don't know how to do that..

Regards and thanks by now for your patient help!!

PS. For a test, could you please post the entry to add at the menu.lst file
to try booting L4Linux?
Maybe everything is still working.. &-(
Sent from the L4 mailing list archive at