Mad Mouse

Christian Helmuth ch12 at
Tue Nov 6 12:06:31 CET 2007

On Mon, Nov 05, 2007 at 01:02:54PM +0100, Marc CHALAND wrote:
> > BTW: Does our demo CD from suffer from the same
> > problem?
> Yes, it happens less often but it happens. On demo CD, events is not
> used as I use it. I tried without events but same problems happens
> too.

I think your recent super-duper mouse is not well supported by the used
Linux 2.6.11 input drivers, sorry. I skimmed through a diff against 2.6.23
and there changed a lot. So, backporting the fixups is no option.

You could try to checkout and run l4/pkg/usbhid and plug your mouse into
any USB port. Usbhid should also be on the demo CD.

> On demo CD, I see: vbeset 0x117 323c46. What does mean second parameter ?

IIRC the second parameter is the initial framebuffer fill color to prevent
flickering to black during boot ;)

Christian Helmuth

TU Dresden, Dept. of CS
Operating Systems Group