Linux 2.6.24 L4FB and VGA_CONSOLE

Ronald Aigner ra3 at
Tue Feb 26 10:55:30 CET 2008

Marc CHALAND wrote on 02/22/2008 02:51 PM this:
>>From Ronald Aigner:
>> Now that really sounds strange. You say that the task is running as
>> L4Env task? No L4Linux involved? Not even on the sender/receiver side of
>> the IPC?
> In that case, L4Linux is not even started. Client and server side are
> pure L4env tasks. More strange : other IPC even from the same tasks
> work. It seems that there is a bug only for that entry.
Sorry for the long delay. I build a test for the IDL you sent, but could
not find any error. If the task using the IPC is really a pure L4Env
task, then this IDL should work. Do you still see the error if you leave
L4Linux out of the boot menu?

Greetings, Ron.

Mit freundlichen Gruessen / with regards
ra3 @