Back to UTCB IPC
l4 at marc-chaland.net
Thu Mar 6 10:28:10 CET 2008
I am back with my problem with UTCB IPC. To sum up the context :
I use pure l4env applications. Here is the scenario between my server
and my client :
1. client makes an UTCB IPC to manager. Manager does an
l4rm_area_reserve, creates a rcv_fpage, creates worker and sends back
worker thread id to client.
2. client allocates memory and associated flexpage and sends it to server.
3. UTCB IPC is sent to worker with 3 parameters :
- on client side : utcb->values=0xbff00200: arg1=0x2 arg2=0x1 arg3=0x6
- on server side : utcb->values=0xbff00200: arg1=0x241401 arg2=0x0
It seems that 0xbff00200 is not mapped on the same memory on client
and server side. As there is no problem for first IPC (utcb->values is
also 0xbff00200), is there any potential problem with flexpage ?
As utcb->values is still the same, what happens if several threads try
to make UTCB IPC ?
Another question : when I link my application with liblogserver.a, I
have strange logs :
.rm.sem.mainMain function returned.
It seems that .rm .sem and .main are added by l4env, but I didn't find where.
More information about the l4-hackers