Failed to create a new task

ahmad kamal amadkamal at
Mon Mar 10 07:31:47 CET 2008

is rmgr a roottask?
why we need to rmgr_get_task(int taskno)?

----- Original Message ----
From: Adam Lackorzynski <adam at>
To: l4-hackers at
Sent: Monday, March 10, 2008 7:43:17 AM
Subject: Re: Failed to create a new task

On Sat Mar 08, 2008 at 22:54:30 -0800, ahmad kamal wrote:
> I've failed to create a new task:
> the l4_task_new in my code return 0 (L4_NIL_ID) which is indicate
> either the task was create as inactive or didn't create at all.

Good you have posted the source.

I think the problem is that you need to get the right for creating new
tasks first. Depending whether simple_ts is started or not you need to
  l4ts_allocate_task2(0, &tid)

before the l4_task_new. Then it should work.

Adam                 adam at

l4-hackers mailing list
l4-hackers at

Looking for last minute shopping deals?