Urgent help needed>> please tell us what menu.lst do we need for usbhid application

tapas kundu tapaskundu1 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 08:17:25 CEST 2009

I have gone through above url and found following information about DDE . I
have found
in /user-build/lib/x86_586/l4v2 directory after building all the modules.
But I have not found libdde_linux26_usb in any directory. I need to work on
usb webcam driver. I have used svn version 446. and run following commands
to build:

./repomgr co all
make O=/home/tapas/user-build

Please let us know where can I found libdde_linux26_usb library. It will
help me a lot to build driver for usb webcam. I dont want to port linux usb
driver in L4. I want to port/build a linux usb webcam driver only. Please
suggest me what to do.

Thanks & regards
Tapas Kumar kundu

"DDE/Linux2.6 is an environment for Linux 2.6 device drivers on L4.
Basically, it is a set of libraries implementing interfaces to certain
subsystems of the Linux kernel, so that the programmer may chose which parts
of the kernel are needed for reusing a special device driver (e.g., network
drivers don't need block layer functionality). Currently, the following
subsystems are available:

   * Core (libdde_linux26) provides functions that are essential to (nearly)
all drivers. This includes for instance memory management, I/O resource
management, workqueues, softirqs, and timers.
   * Net (libdde_linux26_net) provides network-related functions such as
management of socket buffers.
   * Block (libdde_linux26_block) provides functions related to the Linux
block layer such as a file system buffer abstraction, I/O schedulers, block
I/O descriptors (BIOs).
   * USB (libdde_linux26_usb) implements USB-related functions which enable
drivers to use the Linux USB core as well as USB host controllers. This is
work in progress.
   * Sound (libdde_linux26_sound) includes the Linux sound core which is the
base for implementing sound subsystems such as OSS and Alsa. This is work in

Work USB and Sound support libraries is ongoing. "