Porting an MPI based appilcation on L4 feasible?

Karthik Vadambacheri Manian karthikvm.uc at gmail.com
Fri Apr 23 21:39:01 CEST 2010

Hi All,

I am new to L4 fiasco and microkernels in general. I could build the l4
fiasco microkernel and run the 'hello' application on top of l4. I also
could run the hiworld client server application on l4 based on the available
tutorials. Currently I have a pingpong simulation application which uses MPI
and Time Warp libraries. For my research I would like to run this
application on l4. Is porting it to l4 feasible?

I also found a pinpong application in '../kernel/fiasco/src/test/pingpong'.
But building fiasco microkernel does not build it. How to build it? and run
on top of l4?

Thanks for your time,
PhD student,
Experimental Computing Lab,