Porting an MPI based appilcation on L4 feasible?

Karthik Vadambacheri Manian karthikvm.uc at gmail.com
Sat Apr 24 22:12:07 CEST 2010

Hi Bjoern,

Thanks for a quick reply. I have few questions based on your reply.

1) What do you mean by Fiasco is UP-only? I did not get it sorry.
2) Currently pingpong can be implemented by using L4 IPC between different
L4 server threads in the same machine. But if we want to implement it
between L4 server threads running on different machine, we need to user ORe
network switch to send messages as currently MPI is not supported. Am I
right?
3) I found the L4 user manual by Alan Au & Gernot Heiser to be very
informative. Can you point me on other resources to learn more about L4
threads & IPCs, Networking on L4 and articles which are must read for
knowing more on l4 microkernels.

I will discuss with my team regarding the MPI stuff on fiasco and I will
keep you posted.

Thanks for your time,
karthik