Regd: L4 Reference and User manual

kolabor at freenet.de kolabor at freenet.de
Wed Apr 28 09:52:06 CEST 2010

Hi,

after looking at the slides you pointed to (at http://www.inf.tu-dresden.de/index.php?node_id=1314&ln=en) the Fiasco for download isn't the one discussed in the slides, right ?

So it seems that stuff discussed in your lectures are newer than that what is available for download, esp. the capability part. Also in your recent publications you are speaking about Fiasco.OC and L4Re and not about Fiasco 1.2 and/or L4Env. So what does this all mean ? They are related or is that completly new stuff and just rebranded to known/established names. Some enlightenment would be nice.

(Intention of my mail: Try to figure out whether it is worth to start porting stuff to old? outdated? Fiasco 1.2 or to wait [how long?] for the newer stuff you discussing in your slides. Don't want to write or to port stuff twice, probably also interesting for the request of the MPI stuff some days ago.)

Tim.