About consuming time slice on l4linux

Jungwoo Yang yjwoo14 at gmail.com
Thu May 13 06:03:44 CEST 2010

I know that l4linux cpu always is allocated on 4th thread on linux server.

Also, I want to assign specific timeslice into the linux CPU thread to operate its linux kernel and its user task.

To do this, I wanted to be expected in one of linux can use CPU more than another linux. However, even though I assigned timeslice more (it can be done by adding schedule context), 2 linux servers is seemed to be using almost same the amount of CPU. I think that this is because of idle thread. If idle thread is executed, other linux can preempt the linux. Am I right?

also, I'm wondering whether user task consumes their own timeslice or donated timeslice from CPU thread.

Thank you