L4Re multiple Linux instances communication

Adam Lackorzynski adam at os.inf.tu-dresden.de
Thu Sep 16 22:22:21 CEST 2010

Hi,

On Thu Sep 16, 2010 at 16:33:10 +0200, Michael Weiß wrote:
> I'm trying to establish a communication between
> several L4Linux instances on fiasco.oc kernel with L4Re on the beagle board,
> preferable through a virtual network.
> I found out that the outdated L4env provided a virtual netwok switch, ORe
> and the l4ore driver in L4Linux for that purpose.
> Is there something similar available for L4Re and
> how can I setup a connection between two L4Linux instances?

Ankh is the new Ore. Unfortunately the l4ore-driver in L4Linux hasn't
been converted yet. But there's the l4shmnet driver which connects two
Linuxes via shared memory. I haven't used that one in a while so things
might be unstable but it basically works by creating an l4re namespace
in the start script and giving it to both Linuxes via
l4shmnet.add=shmns,0x12 (and one with an additional ',create'). Then
there should be a network device in each Linux...

HTH,
Adam                 adam at os.inf.tu-dresden.de