L4Re multiple Linux instances communication

Michael Weiß Michael.Weiss at sit.fraunhofer.de
Thu Sep 23 10:03:29 CEST 2010

On 09/22/2010 10:58 AM, Adam Lackorzynski wrote:

> On Tue Sep 21, 2010 at 23:06:18 +0200, Adam Lackorzynski wrote:
>> On Mon Sep 20, 2010 at 14:38:28 +0200, Michael Weiß wrote:
>>> I compiled the l4linux kernel with the l4shm driver,
>>> and tried to follow your advise to create a namespace
>>> and give it to the two l4linux instances.
>>> However, I have difficulties to understand the whole lua
>>> stuff.
>>> So I might did the namespace creation wrong,
>>> because the l4shm driver is complaining about that it cannot
>>> find the namespace:
>>>
>>> First l4linux instance with create:
>>> shmns: Requesting, role Creator, Shmsize 1024 Kbytes
>>> shmns: Failed to establish communication
>>>
>>> Second l4linux instance:
>>> shmns: Requesting, role User, Shmsize 1024 kbytes
>>> l4linux1| shm: did not find 'shmns' namespace
>>>
>>> I tired to create the namespace like that:
>>> shmns = L4.default_loader:create_namespace("shmns");
>>>
>>> Could you tell me, how to create the L4Re namespace right
>>> and maybe needed capability settings.
>>
>> That's already good but probably missing to give the shmns cap more
>> rights. Do it like this for the Linux launch:
>>     ...:start({ caps = { shmns = shmns:mode("rw"), ...
>
> With the following way it just works (right now). Create the namespace
> like this:
>    local shmns = L4.default_loader:create_namespace({ shm = "placeholder" });

Thanks, that worked.
In your last mail you said somthing about a bug in the lib-shm.
Could this bug cause the following error?

KERNEL0: alignment error at 01637e62 (PC: 012a93b4, SP: 0137bde0, FSR:
410001)

This occurs when I'm trying to send a ping from one l4lx instance to the
other l4lx instance.
I used the newest version of l4re fiasco and l4linux which are available
through svn.

Michael