Information about buildingl4re

Maxime Lastera mlastera at laas.fr
Tue Nov 2 17:16:00 CET 2010

Hi,

I want to test L4linux on top of L4/fisco

I follow the building page of Fiasco, for this one all be done without
error.

So I start to follow the instructions to build L4re.
I use the default configuration file.
The results of the command "make O=path/to/builddir" failed because of
an undefined reference to _stack_chk_fail_local.

After some research I understand this "undefined reference" is add by
gcc which is in version 4.4.4 on my fedora 13 OS.

One soultion is to add CFLAGS= -fno-stack-protector in gcc command but I
don't find gcc command in Makefile...!

Do you have a solution ?

Thanks in advance.

  Maxime LASTERA
  Phd Student
  Dependable Computing and Fault Tolerance group
  LAAS-CNRS
  7 av Colonel Roche
  31077 Toulouse
  E-mail: mlastera at laas.fr