Booting Fiasco with U-Boot (or: what is 0x002000000?)
thomas.dubuisson at gmail.com
Wed Nov 3 19:09:43 CET 2010
Thanks for the previous help with building Fiasco/L4Re. Now that its
built I have given a couple stabs at booting it on my beagleboard like
device (I'll document all this in a blog and or wiki when/if I
finish). Unfortunately I can't seem to get any sign of life on the
screen (perhaps I should solder up a serial line for debugging
purposes). What I've done:
1) Cross compiled L4Re and Fiasco for the beagleboard.
2) Copied l4re, lua, moe, fiasco, and created hello.lua to the SDs
first partition (the fat boot partition).
3) Rebuilt/copied over u-boot.bin using:
#define CONFIG_EXTRA_ENV_SETTINGS \
"bootargs=tbr=x console=tty1 omapfb.mode=dvi:1024x600MR-16 at 60
omapfb.vrfb=1 omapfb.vram=0:8M,1:4M,2:8M root=/dev/mmcblk0p2
#define CONFIG_BOOTCOMMAND \
"mmc init; fatload mmc 0 0x02000000 fiasco; bootm 0x02000000"
Though I have tried different addresses including what I think is a
typo on the "Getting Started" page of 0x002000000.
So some questions are:
1) I'm pretty sure the bootargs need changed. For example, does
u-boot need to load ned, moe, and hello? Where should they be loaded?
Any other comments on what fiasco expects the bootloader to do? (this
is different than what the wiki provides of "how to do those
unspecified things using GRUB")
2) To what address should I load fiasco? I assume it matters.
3) If these questions are already answered somewhere then I'd be more
than happy with a link.
More information about the l4-hackers