Several questions

Alexander Boettcher boettcher at os.inf.tu-dresden.de
Fri Dec 10 09:38:25 CET 2010

On 12/09/10 23:38, Adam Lackorzynski wrote:
> That was for the old system. We have a new driver in the pipe. Stay
> tuned.
>
>> - Is it possible to plug a TPM emulator to work directly on fiasco?
>> It's mostly for experimentation and testing on machines without a
>> physical TPM.
For the old system (L4/Fiasco + L4Env) there is a port of the
tpmemulator project (http://tpm-emulator.berlios.de). You may find it in
old svn (http://www.inf.tu-dresden.de/index.php?node_id=1584&ln=en).
It is located next to the stpm service. Look into l4/pkg/stpm.

The ported emulator worked quite well and behaved like a real tpm. (The
guys at http://tpm-emulator.berlios.de did a really good job, Thanks!)
With tpmrun (a kind of console tool to work interactively with a tpm) it
was possible to talk either to the real tpm (stpm) or to the ported tpm
emulator (tpmemu) and there where mainly no difference for
developing/testing purposes.

> Guess yes but depends on the emulator, esp what it requires to run.

Alex B.