Thread IP initialization

jason philip mored1759 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 12 23:44:58 CET 2011

How do initialize the IP or SP for thread or determine it location? In the
"ThreadControl" system call (which used to create threads) it requires a IP
and a SP, so where you get these values from? Are they implicitly determined
by the kernel? I've briefly read pingpong source file but the calls made in
the source do not seem to provide these values. And also how do I load
program in order to execute it? I know this probably sounds like an easy
question but I just started experimenting with l4 and I just getting to know
things.