Fiasco.OC IPC performance

Chen Tian chen.tian at acm.org
Sun Feb 6 00:36:58 CET 2011

Well, I did run it on a real machine (a dual-core processor with
hyper-threading). It takes more than one million cycles for one-way.
It seems like the number I got is unusual. Do you think using affinity
will affect the results? I pinned the ping thread and pong thread down
to different cores by setting the affinities before they started
calling send/wait IPC calls. I am not sure if I did something wrong
there.

-Chen