[L4 on realview Cortex A9] Failing on board check during fiasco bootup

Naveen Chandrakar novino at gmail.com
Fri Feb 18 07:01:49 CET 2011

Dear Adam,

We were able to overcome the qemu: fatal: Unimplemented cp15 register write
(c9, c14, {0, 0})
by modifying helper.c in qemu code (cleaned c9 data reg) and L4 booting went
ahead till it starts Sigma0.

But as you pointed out earlier (for smp running) that cp15-c7
implementation/data structure(qemu:Cpu.h) is missing (which doesn't looks
like it'll be implimented anytime sooner in qemu).

The patch/workaround which you've mentioned, i'm supposing is a L4 patch for
overcoming qemu's shortcoming.
Where can i access this patch/hack (as part of next release or in SVN) ?

Once i'm free, will check on qemu side if i can help in impl of Cp15-c7, but
with my limited knowledge on arm side it'll take a while.

Warm Regards,
Naveen