Increase L4linux ramdisk size ?

Julien Heyman bidsomail at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 12:16:05 CEST 2011

Hello,

I am using Fiasco.OC/L4Re/L4Linux on a Beagleboard. After having
successfully used/customized the L4Linux ramdisk provided as part of the
snapshot, I created a larger ramdisk (8Mb instead of ~3Mb) from scratch and
adjusted the "ramdisk_size" option on the linux boot args line in my LUA
script, and rebuilt my u-boot image. I then get plenty of errors during
linux boot, starting with:

RAMDISK: ext2 filesystem found at block 0
RAMDISK: Loading 8000KiB [1 disk] into ram disk... l4linux1| Non-resolvable
page fault at e0d1619, ip 170384.
l4linux1| Page fault (non-resolved): pfa=e0d1619 pc=170384
l4linux1| Non-resolvable page fault at e0d161a, ip 170384.

Internal error: Boom!: 410005 [#1]
etc...

My questions:
- is there a specific way to create a ramdisk file for l4linux, and/or
specific constraints on the ramdisk size ?
- am I missing other configuration parameters than ramdisk_size that should
be adjusted to reflect the larger ramdisk size ?

Thanks,
Julien