Increase L4linux ramdisk size ?

Adam Lackorzynski adam at os.inf.tu-dresden.de
Thu Mar 31 18:55:10 CEST 2011

Hi,

On Thu Mar 31, 2011 at 12:16:05 +0200, Julien Heyman wrote:
> I am using Fiasco.OC/L4Re/L4Linux on a Beagleboard. After having
> successfully used/customized the L4Linux ramdisk provided as part of the
> snapshot, I created a larger ramdisk (8Mb instead of ~3Mb) from scratch and
> adjusted the "ramdisk_size" option on the linux boot args line in my LUA
> script, and rebuilt my u-boot image. I then get plenty of errors during
> linux boot, starting with:
>
> RAMDISK: ext2 filesystem found at block 0
> RAMDISK: Loading 8000KiB [1 disk] into ram disk... l4linux1| Non-resolvable
> page fault at e0d1619, ip 170384.
> l4linux1| Page fault (non-resolved): pfa=e0d1619 pc=170384
> l4linux1| Non-resolvable page fault at e0d161a, ip 170384.
>
> Internal error: Boom!: 410005 [#1]
> etc...
>
> My questions:
> - is there a specific way to create a ramdisk file for l4linux, and/or
> specific constraints on the ramdisk size ?

No specific way. Ramdisk size should not exceed half of the memory given
to L4Linux itself. This should not happen to you as there's a check
preventing this pitfall.

> - am I missing other configuration parameters than ramdisk_size that should
> be adjusted to reflect the larger ramdisk size ?

No, ramdisk_size is enough. There's something different happening here.
Can you tell me where 0x170384 is in the binary? Probably the backtrace
was printed. Is there anything strange in the bootup log?

Adam                 adam at os.inf.tu-dresden.de